Wednesday, March 19, 2014

I might not be able to talk but I can smile!

have just begun to realize how much i love to smile! Some people try to tell me that we should be solemn in the presence of God, but that is not at all what it says in the bible! If you love someone you would be happy to be spending time with them, you can't just sit still and talk quietly! It's the same with our relationship with God, if we love him and his name we will rejoice and shout for joy... How can we not smile and laugh throughout our daily lives? If God is omnipresent then shouldn't we always be praising him and rejoicing in his amazing goodness and grace? 
Recently I went thru a phase of acting like Mary from pride and prejudice, I had to show I was mature by sitting quietly and saying things that I thought were sensible, but then I realized God has called us to be joyful and glad of his mercy. How could someone who wasn't a Christian want to change from their old life if all they have to turn to is a dry empty faith? I'm sorry this is so long maybe I should have put this in my blog but it's really something that has been put on my heart, that i need to grow in. I have always smiled and laughed a lot, but not in the Lord so much as because I was happy. I have a better reason to smile now,  my trust is in a much better place.

But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.
             -Psalm 5:11

No comments:

Post a Comment